Made in France, Vegan
Peppermint hydrolate is a nutrient-rich floral water suitable for combination, oily skin and sensitive skin types.
HOW TO USE IT
Using a cotton pad, apply the product to clean skin each morning and evening, before your usual serum or moisturizer.
IS THIS HYDROLATE SUITABLE FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE?
Peppermint hydrolate is suitable for combination, oily, and acne-prone skin. It's also suitable for sensitive skin prone to scarring, hyperpigmentation or other visible reactions.
pH: 6 - 7
Appearance: Clear liquid
Odor: Characteristic of peppermint
Density: 0.950 to 1.050
Keep out of reach of children.
Before use, test the hydrolate on your elbow and wait 24 to 48 hours to ensure no irritation occurs.
Our hydrolate has been distilled from peppermint leaves belonging to the Lamiaceae family, native to France.
In ancient times, peppermint was consumed for its digestive and invigorating effects. Since then, more complex and versatile benefits have been discovered. Today, peppermint is a leading ingredient in cosmetics.
WHAT DOES THIS HYDROLATE DO?
- The purifying and astringent effects of peppermint hydrolate help to tighten pores and regulate sebum production.
- It can be used to soothe inflammation, sunburn and redness.
- A multipurpose product, it's also helpful for acne, psoriasis and to relieve itching and hives.
- Peppermint hydrolate is known to improve blood circulation – especially in the legs –and to treat digestive problems.
- Thanks to its refreshing properties, you can use peppermint hydrolate in case of hot flashes, sweating and feelings of tightness on the skin.
- In aromatherapy, it is used to promote concentration and calmness.
- Lastly, its menthol fragrance is a great addition to DIY mouthwashes and homemade toothpaste recipes.
- Please note these suggestions are shared for information purposes only. Typology doesn't claim to offer medical advice. To learn more therapeutic uses of this ingredient, please consult your physician.
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST
INGREDIENTS: Mentha Piperita Flower/Leaf/Stem Water, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Aqua.
We regularly update the lists of ingredients used in the composition of our products. Before using our products, feel free to read the ingredients list on its packaging label to ensure that the ingredients are suitable for your personal use.
Aromatherapy scientific and medical treatise: hydrolats - Michel Faucon (Doctor of Pharmacy)
Complete dictionary of hydrolats and floral waters - Jean-Philippe Zahalka (Doctor of Pharmacy)
This information is indicative only and taken from reference publications in aromatherapy. It does not engage the responsibility of Typology or constitute medical advice. For any therapeutic use, please consult a doctor.
All your frequently asked questions about Hydrolate — Organic Peppermint
- QuestionAt what point in the routine should I apply peppermint hydrosol?ResponseAt the beginning of your routine, after cleansing your skin :)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, is peppermint hydrolate not recommended for pregnant women? Thank youResponseHello, this hydrolat is not contraindicated for pregnant women :)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionI just bought this product for the first time. It can be used directly on the skin like a tonic lotion?Responseyes that's right! on clean and dry skin :)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello I would like to know if I can combine it with chamomile hydrosol, rather together or every other time? Thank youResponseYou can alternate and apply one hydrolate in the morning and the other in the evening ;)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, should I use it instead of a tonic or should I use both? If yes, which one first? Thank youResponseYou can apply a hydrolate in the morning and a tonic in the evening (both at the beginning of your routine)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
This product is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars. We have collected more than 463 reviews.
- Erica S.Verified buyerReviewed on February 13, 2021
Refreshing in the morning andRefreshing in the morning and gentleWas this review helpful?
- Kylie S.Verified buyerReviewed on December 7, 2020
Replacement for tonerI’ve been using this in place of my toner and I liked it but didn’t love. However, the toner I wanted is back in stock and a good replacement for when they don’t have!Was this review helpful?
- HunterVerified buyerUnited States, August 30, 2020
Refreshing and hydratingI’ve been using instead of an astringent and it’s much less harsh. Also great for a quick swipe after a workout or wearing a mask. Smell is wonderful and makes face feel clean and calm.Was this review helpful?
- Juana S.Verified buyerUnited States, July 23, 2020
My New Tonicthe experience is really interesting i never could imagine put in my skincare routine, "Peppermint" but is wonderful ?Was this review helpful?
- Nancy S.Verified buyerUnited States, July 9, 2020
refreshingrefreshingWas this review helpful?