Smooth, soft, neither dry nor oily... Normal skin types exhibit few imperfections. Their unique characteristic is their ability to withstand external aggressions (humidity, cold or heat, etc...). But just like other skin types, normal skin also requires regular care. Here's what that entails.
Which cream(s) should be used for normal skin types?
Characteristics of Normal Skin.
Normal skin types are smooth and have a uniform appearance. This type of skin tolerates external aggressions such as pollution, humidity, cold, or even UV rays. However, normal skin must be moisturized and cleaned daily to maintain this balance.
How to take care of normal skin?
Even if your skin is healthy and has a nice complexion, it is essential to continue maintaining it with a facial care routine to ensure its longevity. Make sure to hydrate it daily to preserve its well-being and cleanse it regularly to remove dead skin cells, dust, and to promote the conservation of optimal sebum production. Learn how to take care of your skin with our 9-ingredient facial moisturizing cream.
Application and mechanism of action on the skin:
Featuring a light texture, our moisturizing cream contains ingredients that are allies for normal skin types:
- Hyaluronic Acid: This active ingredient has moisturizing properties and delays the appearance of the first fine lines. It also enhances the skin's suppleness and softness;
- Organic Coconut Oil: It prevents skin dehydration and softens it;
- Purified Water: It eliminates all traces of bacteria and serves as a solvent for the mixture of other ingredients;
- Vegetable Glycerin: Derived from sunflower seeds and rapeseed, this ingredient provides superficial hydration to the skin and captures moisture from the air;
- Cetyl Alcohol from Coconut: It allows for the creation of a cream texture;
- Coco Cetyl Phosphate: It allows the mixing of purified water with organic coconut oil;
- Sodium Hydroxide: The lye balances the pH of the skincare product;
- Sugarcane Pentylene Glycol: This is a humectant agent that ensures superficial hydration of the skin;
- O-Cymen-ol: This ingredient prevents the proliferation of bacteria.
Morning and evening, it is appropriate to apply the moisturizing cream to the face on skin that has been previously cleaned and dried, following the application of your usual serum. It is then sufficient to massage with circular movements until the care product is completely absorbed into the skin. In the evening, a vegetable oil, such as jojoba oil, can be applied in addition to this care.
Benefits of Moisturizing Cream:
The moisturizing cream for the face offers numerous benefits:
- It retains water in the epidermis: hydration is the solution to protect the epidermis against external aggressions (cold, pollution, sun, and wind);
- It slows down skin aging: Although skin aging is a natural phenomenon, it is possible to slow it down by using a moisturizing cream.
Contraindications of facial moisturizing cream.
The moisturizing cream is not recommended for oily skin, as it can promote overproduction of sebum. Indeed, coconut oil is comedogenic and strictly advised against for acne-prone skin.